There’s nothing like coming home to a clean, comfortable space. As the day winds down and you relax, it’s the perfect time to take care of things that have been on your mind all day—like cleaning up that kitchen sink or sweeping the dust out from under your bed. Most people don’t realize how much their home actually affects their health. Studies have shown that having a cluttered and dirty house can lead to everything from depression to headaches or even anxiety. So if you want to keep yourself feeling healthy and happy throughout the entire day, then you should start by making sure your home is clean!
1. Get Rid Of The Clutter
It’s easy to feel like a clean and organized home is an impossible dream. There are so many things that can clutter up your space and make it look dirty, but it doesn’t have to be this way!
Here are some tips on how to get rid of the clutter:
2. Clean Your Home
- Clean your home regularly.
- Clean surfaces, floors and dusting.
- Clean the bathroom and kitchen.
- Vacuum, mop and sweep regularly (once a week).
3. Find A Healthy Home Lifestyle That Works For You, And Stick To It
- Find a healthy home lifestyle that works for you, and stick to it.
- Create a routine that works for your life and family.
- Make sure the daily tasks are manageable so they don’t become overwhelming.
4. Ditch The Toxic Cleaning Products
There are many non-toxic products available. All of the following are non-toxic:
- Baking soda, vinegar and lemon juice for cleaning surfaces and removing stains
- White vinegar for mopping floors (it’s also great for cleaning windows, by the way)
- Dish soap doesn’t have to be toxic either! Look for brands that use plant-based ingredients like coconut oil or palm kernel oil instead of harsh chemicals like triclosan and sodium laureth sulfate (which are found in some conventional soaps).
Keeping your home healthy is as easy as proper cleaning, decluttering and replacing your cleaners with less toxic alternatives.
- Clutter is a major source of dust, which can cause allergies and asthma.
- Clutter can also be a fire hazard.
- Clutter can cause you to lose things, which can lead to stress.
- Cluttering your home makes it look dirty and unappealing, which will make it harder for people who visit your house to want to come back again!
We hope that these tips have inspired you to take a look at your home and start making changes. A healthy home is one of the best ways to improve your quality of life, and we think everyone deserves to live in a place they feel good about!