I’m often asked how I choose the furnishings that make up my home interior. It’s not easy to put together an entire room with just one piece of furniture, but it’s a lot easier if you know what you’re looking for.
I always aim for living room furniture that is comfortable and fits the space.
I always aim for living room furniture that is comfortable and fits the space. I choose pieces that work with my lifestyle, but I also consider the needs of my home’s occupants. The furniture in your living room should be functional, while also being aesthetically pleasing to look at.
Here are some tips on how to choose furniture for your living room:
I rarely use throw pillows.
I rarely use throw pillows.
I prefer to use throw blankets.
Throw pillows can be useful in adding texture and interest to a room, but I have found that they often end up being more of a distraction than anything else. If you’re going for an inviting space where people want to hang out, throw blankets are a better choice because they provide warmth and comfort without being too much of an eye-grabber (unless you choose one with bold colors or patterns).
I love to buy vintage and antique furniture.
Vintage and antique furniture are great finds. You can get them at flea markets, auctions and estate sales. They provide an opportunity to bring history into your home in a unique way. If you’re interested in buying vintage or antique pieces for your interior design project, here are some tips:
- Identify if something is vintage or antique by looking at the materials used to make it and its design elements (i.e., shape, color scheme).
- Look for quality craftsmanship when shopping for antiques–this will ensure that your purchase lasts longer than expected!
- Remember that these types of furnishings usually require some maintenance work before using them at home so make sure not only know what kind of condition these items come from but also whether they require additional care (such as cleaning).
When it comes to decorating, my motto is always less is more.
When it comes to decorating, my motto is always less is more. I believe that having an overall theme or style in your home will make it look more cohesive and elegant. For example, if you have a modern house with lots of glass, then try to stick with furniture and accessories that also have clean lines and minimal details (such as metal frames). If you’re going for an eclectic look with mismatched pieces from different eras and styles, then choose pieces that complement each other well–for example: an antique chest next to a modern sofa or a vintage end table in front of a sleek coffee table.
When choosing furniture items for the interior of your home:
- Make sure they fit into your overall style; avoid having too many different styles in one room! You want all the pieces in one space (sofa/chair set) or area (living room) to match each other aesthetically so that they blend together seamlessly when viewed by guests walking through rooms at parties/family gatherings etcetera..
If you can find a piece that has multiple uses, that’s the best!
If you can find a piece that has multiple uses, that’s the best! For example:
- Use your coffee table as a desk. Place it in front of your sofa or chair and use it as your workspace when you need to do some work.
- Use a bench as a seat for extra guests or children (or even pets).
- Use an old dresser as side table next to your bed or sofa instead of buying an expensive new one from the store; this will save money and space at home too!
Don’t be afraid to mix styles when decorating your home interior
Mixing styles is a great way to make your home interior unique. Don’t be afraid to mix different styles, you can simply add one or two pieces from one style and they will look amazing in your room.
Here are some examples:
- If your house has modern furniture, try adding some vintage items into the mix. You don’t have to go overboard with it; just add one or two items that will make all the difference!
- If you have an Asian-inspired room with lots of artwork on the walls and plants in every corner, then why not add some industrial touches like metal tables or chairs? They will definitely stand out and give off a cool vibe!
I think that it’s important to remember that your home is a reflection of who you are and what makes you happy. So if you want to mix styles and colors, go for it! Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. The most important thing is that when decorating your interior, always keep in mind what works best for YOU.